Please click on the links to find out more about Careers and HE at St Edward's College.
Pupils and students are invited to attend our weekly Careers Breakfast Club, where they can speak with various experts from different industries. The latest timetable can be found here:
Our Career advisors, Career North, produce a newsletter for pupils and students with up to date information about the various options open to them after leaving school:
The ultimate aim of the Careers and Higher Education Service at St Edward’s College is to make it possible for young people to engage proactively in decisions about their education pathways and their journey to a career. We hope to actively encourage and inspire our pupils to take ownership of their career plans and to consider all options, so that they are able to select the best way forward for their interests, motivations, learning styles, abilities and aspirations.
• To enable pupils and students to make informed choices about their career pathways which include appropriate decisions and actions
• To provide objective and impartial advice and information
• To develop and maintain links with a range of community organisations and businesses, including our alumni, providing appropriate and relevant opportunities for pupils and students
• To source and provide up-to-date information and advice about all options and career paths available to young people
• To help pupils and students understand and develop the necessary skills ready for the work place
• To provide opportunities for pupils and students to understand their interests, abilities, aspirations and options through a variety of means, including personal discussion with the Careers and Higher Education Service or an external Careers Adviser
• To promote the Careers and Higher Education service to all pupils and students, allowing them to make an informed choice on when and how best to engage with the team
Careers Education at the College is a progressive journey beginning in Year 8. All pupils receive the relevant careers information and education that is suitable to their age group. Pupils are encouraged to be proactive about their future and actively seek advice and guidance. The Careers and Higher Education Service is dedicated to tailoring the provision to meet pupils’ needs in order to help them on their future path. We actively seek pupil and students' views, comments and suggestions on how we might improve our service.
It is our aim to ensure all students leave St Edward’s College with an awareness of what they, as individuals, have to contribute to the world of work, combined with the skills, confidence and motivation to make the most of the opportunities that lie ahead.